As I was reading some materials online I came across the Top 10: Essential Items to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (link) and could really relate how we can “survive” our upcoming IRPE site visit. What was great about this is it fits very well with the time of the year (Halloween), I got to put my own spin on the original top ten and I can write about my two favorite things…Zombies and Baldrige. What more can I ask for?
Top 10 Ways to Survive – you can replace “Zombie” with Examiner:
- Compass: Knowing what direction the Zombies are or are coming from can be very helpful to avoid them
- Pocket Map: Understanding where the Zombies are, we can avoid them.
- Gun and Ammo: Something light, with little kick and great accuracy can keep those Zombies away.
- Lighter: Nice to cook food but also to set Zombies on fire…burn baby, burn!!
- Hummer: These are great for crashing through stuff or running a Zombie over.
- Chain Mail: Those nasty Zombies can bite, but not through this stuff. I would guess a full body suit would be great.
- Zombie Movies: Need I say more??
- Water Purification Tablets: Once Zombies take over the world, we will need to purify the water…or will we??
- Comfortable Shoes: Zombies don’t go that fast, if you have good shoes, you can out run them.
- Gun and Ammo: The original #10 was a Ham Radio…although a great way to communicate, I prefer some extra fire power to keep those Zombies away!!
Now we know that these realistically won’t help us “survive” site visit, I believe that these 3 things will:
- Remain Calm: the examiners will ask questions about the things we have all been doing day after day…we just have to show them (and a free bonus…they are nice and don’t want to eat your brains)
- Understand they are here to support our Road to Excellence: The Examiners will ask things like: What is Bridgestone’s Mission? How do you do your job? What does your customer want? How do you measure your department? What improvements have you taken part in? Each of us has a great story about these we can share.
- Have Fun: There is always time for fun!!!
~ Scott Burgmeyer